When get a brand new Samsung device, and you just cannot wait to transfer your beautiful photos, memorable videos, awesome music and other files to your new smartphone, correct? If you want to do the transfer in easiest way possible, I recommend to install suites provided by Samsung like Kies or Kies Air, both of which enables you to share photos, contacts, music, videos, and more between computer and Samsung mobile phone in seamlessly way possible.
There are two methods, through which we can connect Samsung phone to Windows7/8. One uses USB cable and other doesn’t. Both ways are effective and provide similar features.
Download Samsung Kies (With USB cable)
Samsung’s Kies software provides facility to sync Samsung smartphone or tablet with your Windows7/8 computer. If you haven’t used Kies before, don’t worry it is pretty straight forward to use. As you can back up with a Google account, but Kies can also save some Samsung-specific apps, like S Planner and S Memo, which come on the the Samsung smartphones. Moreover, Kies can also back up your contacts, call log, SMS/MMS messages, and media.
- First of all, download and install Kies.
- After installing Kies on your computer, connect your Samsung smartphone or tablet to your computer via a USB data cable.
- Confirm that Kies is connected to your Samsung device. Once connected, you’ll see basic information about your device in the first tab.
- Now you can perform a plethora of tasks, including:
- Firmware Updates
- Synchronize contact, music, videos etc.
- Back Up and restore mobile data
- Purchase Applications
You can also install Samsung Kies Air here, to get same experience on your smartphone.
Samsung Kies (Wi-Fi)
Some of the latest Samsung devices support the Kies via Wi-Fi. You can connect your smartphone to Kies on your computer via Wi-Fi only if both the device and the computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Also remember that, not all Kies features will be available when you connect to Kies via Wi-Fi.
Follow these steps to connect to Kies via Wi-Fi:
- Connect both the device and the computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Kies application on your smartphone.
- Tap Menu > Settings > Connections > Kies via Wi-Fi on your device.
- Check and review the Attention message and touch OK.
- Click on your computer’s name, in the list.
- Now on your computer enter the passkey provided by your device in the Wi-Fi connection request window, and press OK.
- Kies will now ask prompt if you want to automatically connect to this device, on the Wi-Fi network in future. You can select Do not ask me again, and click Yes or No.
- When the phone is successfully connected, the image representing the device will be marked with a Wi-Fi indicator, and the Firmware information section notifies that Firmware upgrades are supported when connected via USB.
If your Samsung phone is not supported by applications mentioned above then you can install Samsung’s New PC Studio. Download exe here and install. It supports all of Samsung’s proprietary operating systems.