Installing the Windows 8.1
- For installing Windows 8.1 you need to download one patch which is less than 10 MB. Click here to download.
- Then once finished it now run the .exe file.
- Now, restart your PC computer and while starting you will get a screen with some quotes.
- It’s is for downloading Windows 8.1 upgrade from the Windows Store.
- Now, open the Windows Store app and download the upgrade which will be about 1.5 GB.
Problem While Installing
- Once your download was finished then you have upgraded the Windows 8.1. But before that please make sure that the system language is English. Then now, search for “command” in the menu, and then right-click Command Prompt icon. Run it as Administrator.
- And in that box just type the following code given below,
dism /online /get-intl
- While doing this process you will get this error like this “The update is not applicable to your computer”. This error many come if your PC configuration does not matches. But anyway we can fix this error easily. For resolving this error follow my simple steps given bellow.
How to fix this error
- In your PC Create New Folder in your c: drive , and name it as ” temp ”
- Then search for this file [ Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x86.msu ]
- After searching it just move it in your new folder which was created just before.
- Now, Open the command prompt as an administrator and switch to the c:temp folder.
cd c:temp [Enter]
- Again type this command inside the temp folder to unarchive the patch.
Expand –F:* Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x86.msu .
- After doing this process you will find a new files in your new folder. Now again type this command to install the Windows 8.l patch.
DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64.cab
- It will say “processing 1 of 1″ Then after some time your PC will restart. And it ask to press the “y”. After pressing it the Windows 8.1 patch will be installed.
Now again while starting your system, you will be asked to download the Windows 8.1 which was upgrade from the Windows Store. Just download it and enjoy. I hope you like this article and understand my tutorials. If you wish to thank me then your thanks should goes to Amit Agarwal who is the founder of Labnol.org. He only first used this method. So, I really thanks him for this useful tutorial. If you have any doubts then please share it in comments!
via source: Digital Inspiration